By default VIPRE will automatically check for updated definitions every 30 minutes.This is contingent on the computer being powered on and connected to the internet. In the event you do need to manually update your VIPRE threat definitions, you can do so by following the steps below.
1. Click Here to navigate to the Definition Download page.
2. Save the most recent definition file (.sgnx) to a known location as you will need this file in a future step.
3. Open VIPRE by clicking on the desktop icon.
4. Click on the Account tab and then the About VIPRE button.
5. Click on the Support Tools button.
6. Scroll to the bottom of this page and locate Threat Definitions and click on the Load button.
7. Navigate to, and select, the previously saved definition file and click on the Open button.
Allow the update process to complete (this may take several minutes - note that it's normal for manually applied definitions to be out of date).
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact technical support by online chat, create a ticket or call us at 877-673-1161.