Modified on: Mon, 25 Jun, 2018 at 9:57 AM
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- KNOWN ISSUES AND WORKAROUNDS
- BUG FIXES
1. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Important: VIPRE Advanced Security uses advanced technologies for today’s newer operating systems and does not install on Windows XP.
HARDWARE AND OPERATING SYSTEMS
To run VIPRE Advanced Security features effectively, you need a PC-compatible computer with at least 1 GB of RAM and 1 GB of hard-drive space running 32- or 64-bit versions of either:
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 + Convenience Rollup
- Windows 8.1 Update
- Windows 10
Newer service packs are also supported.
Internet connection (broadband recommended) required to install product.
Note: SSL and TLS security protocols are only supported with Microsoft Outlook and Windows Mail.
SUPPORTED EMAIL CLIENTS
(applies to email PC internet security protection):
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Outlook 365
- Microsoft Outlook 2016
- Windows Mail on Windows Vista
Other email products that use SMTP/POP3 for sending and receiving messages, including Windows Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, and many others.
Note: SSL and TLS security protocols are only supported with Microsoft Outlook, and Windows Mail.
Product and company names are trademarks and registered trademarks of their respective owners.
2. KNOWN ISSUES AND WORKAROUNDS
- Updated our Advanced Active Protection technology to improve heuristic protection
- Updated our advanced malware protection engine
- Improved VIPRE’s stability for a situation where it downloads corrupted definition files
- Updated our cloud lookup technology, to make better checks against known malware
- Improved the process of applying new definitions to take up less system resources
- Improved our patch management process
- Improved shutdown speed of VIPRE when a user logs out of Windows
- Decreased size of definitions files to lower performance impact
- Improved web filter performance and decreased web page load time
- Internal improvements to how VIPRE interacts with Windows 10 Security Center
4. BUG FIXES
- Under certain conditions, having a CD in the CD-ROM drive would cause Deep Scans to fail.
- VIPRE’s Anti-Phishing engine was incorrectly blocking “ptwww.com”.
- Sometimes, upgrading VIPRE before registering the license key would cause an error.
- Sometimes, Autopatch scanning the Windows registry could cause VIPRE to crash.
- Some customers who removed VIPRE then reinstalled a trial version were unable to fully upgrade to the newest VIPRE version.
- Some actions taken in Thunderbird mail could cause VIPRE’s Web Filter to crash.
- Certain PC display adapters that use hardware acceleration could cause the VIPRE screen to display as “blank”.
- We improved VIPRE’s WebFilter to work better with specific sites and applications.
Copyright © 2018 VIPRE Security. All Rights Reserved. VIPRE Security, VIPRE and the VIPRE Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of VIPRE Security in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.