To configure and run a Custom Scan:
1. Click MyVIPRE.
2. Hover over Scan.
3. Select Custom Scan...
4. Select what you want to scan:
- Running programs: Select for the scan to include any program that is currently running. For example, if you have an Internet browser and an email program open, your scan will include these running programs. If unselected, VIPRE will not scan running programs.
- Windows registry: Select the scan to include your system's registry.
- Cookies: Select to include all cookies on your system. This only applies to Internet Explorer (IE).
- Rootkits: Select to include rootkits (software tools intended to conceal running processes, files, or system data from the operating system).
- Archived & Compressed Files: Select for the scan to include archive files, such as .RAR and .ZIP files. When a .RAR file is found to contain an infected file, the .RAR file will be quarantined. If a .ZIP file is found to contain an infected file, the infected file is quarantined and replaced by a .TXT file with text indicating that it was infected and that it has been quarantined.
- Specify where to scan: To perform a custom scan that includes a focus on specific drives or folders. (see "To specify drives and folders to scan" below)
- Use VIPRE RapidScan® Technology
- Shutdown computer after the scan to have VIPRE automatically shut down your computer after the scan completes.
5. ClickScan Now. Your selected scan starts. The Scan Progress screen displays, allowing you to view the progress of the scan, pause the scan, or cancel it.
To specify drives and folders to scan:
1. Click+ New Location or click Select Folder.
2. Locate the location(s) that you would like scanned and select/open them to add them to the Scan Location.