The Quarantine is a safe place on your computer that VIPRE uses to store malware or infected files so that they cannot harm your computer. If you're not sure what to do with a threat, you can just leave it in quarantine!
If your computer or files on your computer are not acting normal after an item has been placed here, you have the opportunity to review its details and research it further, and then remove it from Quarantine, restoring it back to your computer in its original location. You can also permanently remove it from Quarantine.
Note: It is not necessary to clear your Quarantined Items when a threat is detected. The Quarantine has already disabled the threat and the perceived threat is being stored, safely, in case it is necessary to restore the item.
To work with Quarantine items, select Manage > Antivirus, then under Quarantine click Manage Items. Continue with any of the following procedures:
To view the details of a risk:
- Click on the name of a quarantined item.
- Optionally, click Learn More for additional information.
To restore a risk from the quarantine list:
- Select Restore from Quarantine on the drop-down for a risk.
To delete a quarantined item from your computer:
- Select Delete from Computer on the drop-down for a risk. The item is permanently removed from your computer.
Note: You can click Delete Quarantined Items under Quarantine to delete all items in Quarantine from your computer.
To set the auto-delete function:
- Change the drop-down selection for Delete threats in Quarantine after to the time frame you prefer.
Note: Selecting the Never Keep All Threats option disables the auto-delete function. All quarantined items will be kept until you manually delete them.