By default, VIPREis set to do an automatic Quick Scan everyday at 10:00AM and a Full Scan everyday at 10:00 PM.You can change the scheduled scan frequency by going to this the following article: How to schedule a scan.
To manually start a scan with VIPRE, follow the steps bellow:
1. Open VIPRE and hover your mouse above the green Scan button. A drop-down option will display choices of the different scan types available. In the drop-down, click the scan type that you want to run to start scanning.
- Quick scan- scans only the essentials Windows system files, registry keys and file locations that are commonly used by malware. Usually takes average of 10 minutes to finish.
- Full scan- scans every file on the hard disk that is not contained within confidentially excluded directories or an exclusion policy. Full scan is the most thorough type of scan but also the slowest, averaging at least 1 hour scan time.
- Custom scan- use this if you want to scan specific files or directories. If this option is selected, you can specify the path you want to scan.
You can also run a scan from the system tray by doing the following:
Please Note: Using this process will not open the VIPRE interface to display the scan process. The scan will quietly run in the background.
1. Right mouse click the VIPRE icon on your system tray
2. Left mouse click Scan and it will display choices to run a Quick or Full scan.
3. Select the scan you want to start.
If you have any questions, or need further assistance, please contact technical support by creating a ticket, online chat, or calling us at 877-673-1161.